Terms of Service
Your rates are calculated based on the information given to us via our booking form on our site. We charge a flat rate as opposed to hourly rates.
Based on our conversations with you and the answers you provide to us online and in conversation, we will provide you with an estimate of the price we will charge. We do, however, retain the right to change our pricing when we show up at your home and assess the premises and understand any particular services you may request and our price may then be adjusted accordingly. If we reassess the pricing for your home cleaning, we will inform you and provide you with the opportunity to decide if you would like to proceed. You may approve the price adjustment or prioritize the work so we can get it done in the time we allocated. You are welcome to send us pictures or videos of your home so that we can provide you with the most accurate pricing available.
Generally, our service providers work in teams of one to three people. If you need a larger team, we can scale accordingly. We do not currently give time estimates for our work, but if you would like more information on timing, you may email us and I will follow up with you with an estimate after the booking is completed.
Regular Clients – those who use us on a regularly scheduled basis may receive special pricing based on the regularity of using our services. We offer discounts on bi-weekly and weekly cleanings only. If a regular customer converts to one-time or non-regular scheduling, the process will be subject to non-regular client pricing.
Payments for Services and Refunds
Bookings can be made online or by calling Scrub Hub Cleaning at 865-518-2993. A valid credit card is required to book a service and this is our only form of payment. Payments are made in full at the time of booking service through the Scrub Hub Cleaning website. If payment is not made, at the time of booking, the balance must be paid 24hrs before your scheduled cleaning. If paying by cash, payment is due on the day of cleaning before work begins. We use SSL and Square to secure and process credit card information. Scrub Hub Cleaning Terms and Conditions are provided as a guide to what is expected of our clients. A valid credit card/debit card must be on file in order to pay for your scheduled services. We currently utilize Square to secure and process your credit card information.
If we are unable to contact you and are unable to charge the credit card on file, we will need to reschedule your appointment and you will be charged a cancellation fee of $30.00.
We go above and beyond to make sure you are completely satisfied with your cleaning service. If you are dissatisfied with your cleaning service for any reason, please contact us within 24 hours of your cleaning and we will return to re-clean the area/areas you are dissatisfied with at no additional cost to you.
Gratuity is welcome but not required and can be paid with cash or credit card. Another way to say thank you for an excellent job is by leaving a review on google or yelp.
If payments are not received on the day of service, a late fee of $15.00 will be applied within 1 – 2 days from the service performed. After 3 consecutive late payments, fees will rise to $25.00. If an outstanding balance remains on an account, all scheduled services will be paused until the balance is cleared.
If your property is controlled by a property management service, please note, that those managers must agree to follow our payment terms. We do not change our payment policy based on the property manager. All clients must follow our payment terms.
Skipped Cleanings and Cancellations
As a general cleaning client, a part of what you pay for is a consistent spot on our schedule.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours before the scheduled appointment and reimbursement can take up to two weeks. If cancellation does not occur at least 48 hours in advance, you will be charged in full. Call 865-518-2993 or email [email protected] to cancel or reschedule. Having a consistent spot ensures that you receive a discounted rate. Any gaps in regular service may increase your rate if additional time is needed in order to bring your home back to a maintenance level.
We make every effort to consistently schedule a predetermined set day that we arrive for each cleaning. If for any reason we need to reschedule due to staff illness or other unforeseen circumstances, we will give you as much notice as possible and you will not be charged for any cancellation made by us.
Should you decide that you would like us to clean items within curio cabinets or items of monetary/sentimental value, the following release of liability shall be in effect:
The client hereby releases Scrub Hub Cleaning from all liability arising out of cleaning these items. The client understands that he/she is completely responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged item or items even if Scrub Hub Cleaning may have caused the need for repair or replacement.
Part of what makes us special is we use Non-Toxic Eco-Friendly cleaning supplies that are 100% safe and effective. Our vacuums include HEPA filters. There are however situations where we need to use other products that could include toxic chemicals. In these situations, we will let you know and seek your approval first before using these products. If you own special products that you would like to have used on particular surfaces, we are happy to accommodate your request. Please contact our office to discuss prior to your cleaning so we might provide instructions to your house cleaner.
- We do not allow our crews to climb higher than a 2-step ladder.
- We do not allow our crews to move furniture over 15 lbs but will try to reach a visible place with an extension duster.
- If an area in the home is considered or has the potential to be considered a biohazard, that area will not be cleaned (emptying/cleaning cat litter boxes, human/animal excrement, etc.).
- We service Maryville, TN and Townsend, TN within a certain mileage distance. Contact us to see if we can service your location.
- We are a very responsible cleaning company and are extra careful not to break or damage anything while we clean. However, at times accidents can happen. (For this reason, we have general liability insurance coverage. Identical replacement is always attempted, but not guaranteed. We request that all irreplaceable items (whether sentimentally or monetarily valuable) be stored and/or not cleaned by our staff. Scrub Hub Cleaning office must be notified within 24 hours of service if a client should find that something is damaged.
- Scrub Hub Cleaning will not be held responsible for the damage of items due to improper installation. It is assumed that all surfaces and fixtures are sealed and ready to clean without causing harm. Due to health and safety reasons, we are unable to clean up mold, human, pest (flea and rodent infestations, etc.), or pet waste and bodily fluids. We can recommend a company that is equipped to handle these situations. If we come into a home that requires this type of cleaning, we will skip the affected rooms and discount the client accordingly. We do ask to be informed beforehand if this may be an issue.
- We love your pets! But please secure any pet that may be a threat.
- It is to the client’s advantage to have the home picked up as much as possible allowing us to be able to get to all areas so that we can optimize your cleaning.
- At Scrub Hub Cleaning, we provide light straightening of the areas that we clean. If such areas/surfaces are cluttered at the time of cleaning, our team will clean around those areas and you will be notified.
- If any short-term rental property has an infestation of bed bugs etc, it is the property owner/caretaker’s responsibility to hire pest control and provide professional cleaning for laundry. Scrub Hub Cleaning will not take any laundry for cleaning offsite when there are bed bugs present.
Scrub Hub Cleaning has three different options to choose from so that your cleaners have entry into homes.
- The client may opt to not give a key to the company and be home on their day of cleaning. Because we cannot give an exact time, the client must be home during their specific time frame to let the cleaners in/out of the home. If no one is home when the cleaners arrive, a cancellation fee of $30 will be charged. (See fee above)
- The client may provide the company with a key. In the event of termination of the cleaning agreement, keys will be returned to the client within 48 hours of the final cleaning. For your protection, keys will not be linked to any information pertaining to the client. Keys are kept in a secured area and are crossed referenced in case of loss. If a client chooses to leave their door unlocked, place the key under the mat, or leave their house key in an unsecured place for the cleaners to gain entry, the client releases Scrub Hub Cleaning from all liability that arises from damage made before or after the cleaners leave the premises. The client understands that they will be responsible for any damages that are caused before/after their scheduled cleaning team.
- It is not necessary for the client to disarm their alarm system for their scheduled date of cleaning. If you would like, you may contact your alarm company and have a house cleaner code issued. If a code and or key is provided, we will keep it securely locked at our office until your scheduled cleaning day which they will be distributed to the cleaning crew.
Scrub Hub Cleaning reserves the right to adjust client rates at any time. You will be notified 15 days prior to any price increases.
Scrub Hub Cleaning reserves the right to reschedule a cleaning service due to inclement weather, especially in higher and steep locations that would be difficult and dangerous for our vehicles to get to. Items such as, but not limited to below:
- High force winds
- Heavy snow
- Iced Roads
If there is any indication that a cleaning would be affected by inclement weather, we will notify you immediately to reschedule.
Your security is a priority at Scrub Hub Cleaning. To provide credit card security and keep your personal information safe, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, the most widely used data encryption coding system for secure e-commerce transactions. Your credit card information is encrypted (scrambled) prior to being sent over the Internet to our system. If your browser doesn’t accept the SSL technology, transactions will not be permitted.
To confirm that your connection is secure, look for the letters “https” (rather than “http”) located in the URL address window at the top of your browser to indicate that you are using a secure browser.